Friday, October 31, 2008

A Guide to My Heart pt. 1

This is a new theme I'm going to introduce to the blog. Sometimes, I realize just how deep my love for something runs and I need to express it. By blogging about it, hopefully I can avoid annoying my friends/co-workers with long, panting, one-sided discussions about these things I love.

So, the inaugural edition to this little guide to my heart will be about... aviator sunglasses on guys!


Yes. I love them! No guy can go wrong with aviator sunglasses! Seriously, find the doppiest-looking guy around, put a pair of these puppies on him and I guarantee you, he would instantly gain several levels of cool. And cool is hot. (That is so not an oxymoron, by the way.)

I usually realize that these guys could be total dirtbags under the glasses, but I still can't help feeling an instant attraction to men wearing aviators. I think it's because they convey a sense of non-chalence and confidence. They're also very classic and kinda mature. The glasses, not the guys, necessarily. Not to mention that men wearing aviators also seem a little bit autoritative (i.e. knowledgeable), since movie cops are always wearing them. All in all, I think it does come down to confidence.

Incidentally, girls also look totally hot/cool in aviators. Not being able to wear aviator sunglasses is probably the only regret I have about choosing to wear my (also totally hot) prescription eyeglasses, instead of lenses.

I realize, of course, that this is an idea that I've constructed in my mind and that not all guys who wear aviator glasses are confident, outgoing, and fun. They just have a fashion sense that corresponds to my tastes and speaks to my constructed ideas of what makes a man attractive and what his physicality says about his personality. But that doesn't mean that I shouldn't droolingly check out guys wearing them. Especially if it's my boyfriend, Kanye West. <3

No comments: